I do not regret growing older, wiser and stronger. Today is Tuesday, March 10th and it is my 45th birthday and I have a lot to be thankful for. I sat down today and took stock of all my blessings. There are so many people who have supported my life and continue to support me along the way. Without these blessings I would not be where I am.
Here are 45 things I am thankful for.
I am so grateful for:
1. Andy, an amazing partner, who loves me, imperfections and all.
2. Scrumptious dishes created by Andy that I get to devour over and over again.
3. Eli, my brilliant, witty, goofy, strong first born.
4. Tai, my gorgeous, compassionate, kind and principled sweetie
5. 20-second hugs
6. My beautiful mother and my witty dad, without them there would be no me.
7. Our lovable and slightly psycho dog Coffee who takes me out on daily mindful walks.
8. A career that I enjoy and find meaningful.
9. Running therapy with Marthe-Sophie.
10. Being surrounded by inspiring students and teachers.
11. Great friends from around the world ( lovable just as you are).
12. Power walks with Nadean.
13. Green avocado, apple and lemon smoothies in the morning.
14. Getting lost in the power of music and dancing.
15. First live music venue with my boys seeing Ed Sheeran, Shanghai 7/13/15.
16. My respiratory system which allows me to take deep breaths throughout the day.
17. Stretch marks from two pregnancies.
18. Presenting and sharing my love of mindfulness.
19. Sharing partner yoga with J & R on Monday nights.
20. The uniqueness of my healthy, curvy and marvelous body that has never failed me.
21. Wednesday morning tabata sessions with strong Emma.
22. Sitting still.
23. Gracefully surrendering things of my youth.
24. Daily laughter.
25. Feeling wiser.
26. A great night's sleep.
27. Motivating others.
28. A satisfied belly and a fully functioning gastrointestinal system.
29. Building a tapestry of experiences all over the world with my family.
30. Being able to ruffle my son Tai’s hair.
31. My sense of smell.
32. My strong thighs that let me walk, run, dance and play.
33. Long relaxing train rides that provide me with time to read.
34. Big buoyant clouds.
35. Smiles from strangers
36. Hot & relaxing baths.
37. Unexpected encounters with kind strangers.
38. Mountains to hike.
39. Beaches to visit and and falling asleep to the sounds of waves.
40. Time to read.
41. Comfy pajamas.
42. Brie cheese.
43. Being mindful of the wonderful blessings and beauty in my life.
44. Banana boat rides.
45. For all of the above and infinite things more to come - thank you, thank you, thank you.
May you all be happy, healthy and surrounded by numerous things to be oh so thankful for today and everyday.